- Post-natal readmission-residual traumas turn positive.
- Walking past a labour ward with a smile
- Birth story of #3- She was actually tickled out by fairies!!!
- Birth plan: have a dance, have a bath, have a baby.
- erm so I am excited about giving birth!?
- Crowdsourcing facets of my safe space visualisation- A seascape taste and smell?
- A source of anxiety – barriers to accessing healthcare on my terms when in labour.
- A new emotion- Anger
- Dear Midwife with a Halo,
- Restarting a blog for baby number 3
- Last Blog Post Ever- I’m a survivor
- Ending a blog
- Happy Anniversary to the man who didn’t grow on a tree!
- My birth story for #2- a very different experience (long)
- A Birth Story in Tweets
- I DID IT!!!
- 12 days to go. Still not scared?!
- Birth Preferences for #2.
- Ladybird on a Lightstream- visualisations
- 37 weeks- 3 weeks left. *runs round like headless chicken- panicking*
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: December 2011
So here is my birth preferences for Womble. I wrote them with advice and support from head of delivery suite and my consultant. Who knows what will happen, I know that it may not get stuck too but heck it … Continue reading
Just back from working out some visualisations with my CBT therapist. My meadow one is still the masterplan but I found it harder and harder to focus on staying in that safe space as I had made the background so … Continue reading
So in the next three weeks I need to: Finish reading This book and actually practice the techniques. Listen to my hypnobirthing CD everyday. Practice my visualisations to help keep calm. Bounce and wiggle on my birth ball Express colostrum three … Continue reading
Something I noticed recently is I am sometimes worried a little bit about how to talk to my incredibly wonderful and supportive friends who had ELCS’s for second births following traumatic first births now I have made the deciscion to aim for … Continue reading
Conversation with my consultant today. Me: “if this goes to plan I deserve a medal” Her: “your reward will be your baby” Me: “fine I will spray paint her gold and hang her round my neck” Consultant smiles faintly looking … Continue reading
If someone said to me 30odd weeks ago- you will be planning to have a vaginal birth, you will feel positive about it, you won’t feel fucking terrified and you will actually be kinda looking forward to it. Then I … Continue reading
Here are some of the photos from when Munchkin was first born. Just been reminiscing about that time and wondering what Womble’s newborn photos will look like, I really hope they don’t involve tubes or intensive care and I get … Continue reading
Hmmmmm well this is MOST unexpected. I was utterly convinced baby would be big and therefore ELCS would be easy decision. But then she was “bigger than average” but not massive but does have a big head but for some completely … Continue reading
a) Someone very sensible told me this morning “full of admiration that a VB is even crossing your mind”. Yeah you know what- even just thinking about it is BRAVE. Fact I am even having another child after last time … Continue reading