- Post-natal readmission-residual traumas turn positive.
- Walking past a labour ward with a smile
- Birth story of #3- She was actually tickled out by fairies!!!
- Birth plan: have a dance, have a bath, have a baby.
- erm so I am excited about giving birth!?
- Crowdsourcing facets of my safe space visualisation- A seascape taste and smell?
- A source of anxiety – barriers to accessing healthcare on my terms when in labour.
- A new emotion- Anger
- Dear Midwife with a Halo,
- Restarting a blog for baby number 3
- Last Blog Post Ever- I’m a survivor
- Ending a blog
- Happy Anniversary to the man who didn’t grow on a tree!
- My birth story for #2- a very different experience (long)
- A Birth Story in Tweets
- I DID IT!!!
- 12 days to go. Still not scared?!
- Birth Preferences for #2.
- Ladybird on a Lightstream- visualisations
- 37 weeks- 3 weeks left. *runs round like headless chicken- panicking*
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: October 2011
I am so so upset when I read about women who have had previous extremely traumatic labours who want an ELCS being made to fight for this and not being given any guarantees until late pregnancy. The stress this must … Continue reading
So the C-section debate has blown up again. With news reporting that NICE are now recommending women be given option of a CS if they request one under certain circumstances. For reference the existing the existing NICE guidelines (http://www.nice.org.uk/nicemedia/live/10940/29334/29334.pdf) and … Continue reading
Ok not quite but this was the first appointment I didn’t cry in. We actually more nattered about To Do lists and self care stuff than anything else. There was nothing on the childbirth PTSD to report as like said … Continue reading
I realised this morning I had had no flashback or triggers in last three weeks since my CBT session where we didn’t need to do EMDR in end as I just um wasn’t traumatised enough by the memories (see here). … Continue reading
The lovely @mmelindor has blogged this: Mumsnet Miscarriage Code of Care Campaign. This week the Mumsnet Miscarriage Code of Care campaign kicks off and women are blogging about their experiences of miscarriage and the care they received. I decided to write … Continue reading
The title of this post is what someone typed into a search engine to find my blog. I wanted to reach out to that person and reassure them. This morning my 20month old daughter spelt out her own name. She … Continue reading
Today is World Mental Health Day. This past week I have been reminded so much how precious mental health is and how even in the UK there are so many people who fall through the gaps. 7years ago on the … Continue reading
Dear Womble, Am feeling a bit distant from you at the minute which is silly considering you are about as close to me as anyone is going to get and only Munchkin and the babies that didn’t make it have … Continue reading
Actually don’t all start panicking that I am trying to plan some kind of life exit strategy, I’m really really not! But do you ever get that feeling you have just completely and utterly had enough and if life throws … Continue reading
If you read my previous post on “Not to posh to push” you saw that I worried about the notion of judging the genuine “too posh to pushers” but I had never actually met one (but I did think I might … Continue reading