- Post-natal readmission-residual traumas turn positive.
- Walking past a labour ward with a smile
- Birth story of #3- She was actually tickled out by fairies!!!
- Birth plan: have a dance, have a bath, have a baby.
- erm so I am excited about giving birth!?
- Crowdsourcing facets of my safe space visualisation- A seascape taste and smell?
- A source of anxiety – barriers to accessing healthcare on my terms when in labour.
- A new emotion- Anger
- Dear Midwife with a Halo,
- Restarting a blog for baby number 3
- Last Blog Post Ever- I’m a survivor
- Ending a blog
- Happy Anniversary to the man who didn’t grow on a tree!
- My birth story for #2- a very different experience (long)
- A Birth Story in Tweets
- I DID IT!!!
- 12 days to go. Still not scared?!
- Birth Preferences for #2.
- Ladybird on a Lightstream- visualisations
- 37 weeks- 3 weeks left. *runs round like headless chicken- panicking*
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: September 2011
CBT appointment 5: When ‘thinking about the thinking about’ is actually more traumatic than the thinking about it.
So I am back from appointment 5 and I have to say I am slightly in shock. In a good way. As you know from previous blog posts over last week or so I have been stressing about this appointment … Continue reading
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
So on Thursday we start working on the traumatic memories using EMDR. I am really really scared. I know this is daft- I know it will be done in a safe place and I am not actually experiencing what I … Continue reading
I’ll hold my hands up. I have one of those really annoying perfectionist control freak alpha female type personalities, but I will happily admit to being a slattern and a bit of a crap wife and mother sometimes (and suppress the guilt … Continue reading
A few years ago I did an inspirational training once that got us to encourage ourselves to challenge negative beliefs. From that training I also adapted it into a lesson to do with young people about their own negative beliefs … Continue reading
So there was a big kerfuffle on twitter about doctors using terms labia wards and birthing sheds and cabbage patch in such a public fora such as twitter. I wanted to muse more about this here. Although I did miss most … Continue reading
This was a very short appointment, as we aren’t starting the EMDR trauma work until two weeks as I can’t make next weeks appointment and didn’t want to have a two week gap between appointments after starting trauma work as … Continue reading
That isn’t what EMDR stands for at all. But I think it sounds better what it actually means. And it is all a bit eternal sunshine of the spotless mind- but in my case I’m a mum who often tries … Continue reading
This week I am really working on my safe space visualisation for the EMDR. Was amazing in the half hour we were working on it it already started to work when I thought of something uncomfortable but then used my … Continue reading