- Post-natal readmission-residual traumas turn positive.
- Walking past a labour ward with a smile
- Birth story of #3- She was actually tickled out by fairies!!!
- Birth plan: have a dance, have a bath, have a baby.
- erm so I am excited about giving birth!?
- Crowdsourcing facets of my safe space visualisation- A seascape taste and smell?
- A source of anxiety – barriers to accessing healthcare on my terms when in labour.
- A new emotion- Anger
- Dear Midwife with a Halo,
- Restarting a blog for baby number 3
- Last Blog Post Ever- I’m a survivor
- Ending a blog
- Happy Anniversary to the man who didn’t grow on a tree!
- My birth story for #2- a very different experience (long)
- A Birth Story in Tweets
- I DID IT!!!
- 12 days to go. Still not scared?!
- Birth Preferences for #2.
- Ladybird on a Lightstream- visualisations
- 37 weeks- 3 weeks left. *runs round like headless chicken- panicking*
Top Posts & Pages
Monthly Archives: August 2011
Me I can’t keep a secret. I also have a tendency to blather. Often means you will know far too much about me within the first 5minutes of meeting me. Sorry. Mostly this works well as a strategy as I … Continue reading
I am always cracking jokes. They are often unfunny but I have a tendency to babble and get a bit anxious with serious silences so fill them with nonsense. I made some real humdingers of “jokes” during labour, and Munchkins … Continue reading
Had first CBT appointment today. It was really good – my therapist is a really nice bloke who reminds me a bit of Captain Mainwaring from Dad’s army! We may do typical CBT for PTSD (reliving stuff and processing it) … Continue reading
Three things shocked me when I became a mum. Firstly nobody told me how horrific labour actually was. Secondly nobody warned me how incredibly hard breastfeeding was going to be. Thirdly- why did no-one tell me how utterly mind numbingly … Continue reading
Recently a lovely twitter friend pointed out (not quoted verbatim- is my interpretation) “how a baby gets into the world is such a tiny part of their life- and that’s an awful lot of energy to expend on the decision … Continue reading
Often people go to me – ooh you’ve had such a lot to deal with in last two years and it must have been so hard etc etc. And yes I must say it hasn’t been fun but I really … Continue reading
Trigger warning- if you are pregnant with your first child please don’t read this. I was unlucky- what happened to me hopefully won’t happen to you. If you want facts and figures on epidurals suggest you look here. Reading my … Continue reading
I am sure that if I had had any one of my wonderful community midwives with me during my labour I would have felt properly supported and more able to cope and my labour may possibly have had a different outcome or … Continue reading
After I had spent some time with munchkin on NICU I was allocated a ward room and a midwife came and had a quick chat with me about hand expressing and that was it. Thankfully I had been hand expressing colostrum … Continue reading